Sunday, April 27, 2008

Fuck, Fuck, Damn

I am the first to admit, I cuss like a filthy sailor. I learned cussing from my mom who cusses like a champion. My sister can give you a graduate course on how to regularly cuss people out on different levels. My friends and I from way back will cuss all the damn time. The only time I don't cuss is when I'm in front of my boss/teachers (some)/children. And I work with kids on a regular basis so I can turn it off. Little Billy Badass who cusses and gets cussed out on a regular basis will act shocked as shit if he hears you utter a 4 letter word in school; and then act like a little asshole about it for weeks.But this is why I should not be fucking around in the echelon I'm fucking around in. People don't cuss after they enter graduate school up here. Let me be more correct, black people ACT like they don't cuss after they enter graduate school up in here. I have literally hung out with a bunch of people my own age in school and had them say you shouldn't cuss so much. It wasn't like I had Tourette's and was inordinately flinging 4 letter words around. I just mentioned that this mothafucka was out of his damn mind if he thought I was going to go to stay for a lecture that wasn't required the day before an exam. These grown ass women acted like I was assaulting them for saying 2 cuss words in a 30 second conversation. Well maybe I used 4 cuss words but who the fuck's keeping count. I'm an adult and I can use adult language. I like my language to be colorful damnit.
I literally had a friend last month tell me I cannot cuss around her or in her house. Not around her children (she doesn't have any) or her roommate, or her momma. I was banned from cussing around HER! Ain't this about a bitch. How you gonna ban someone from saying shit to you, wait no! saying shit AROUND you. Her old excuse was when I was cussing it made her cuss and she wanted to get away from it. I thought that sounded like a personal problem and maybe she needs to pray on it. Now she tells me she did pray on it and wants to turn her apartment into a house of God which means no cussing allowed. Needless to say I'm avoiding that house now. Maybe I'll go visit on Sunday and get my church on.

No comments: